Booksaur: The Maze Runner by James Dashner (Maze Runner #1)

Saturday, June 11, 2011

The Maze Runner by James Dashner (Maze Runner #1)

The Maze Runner
by James Dashner
Pages: 375
Released: August 24, 2010
The Maze Runner
Summary: Imagine this, you wake up with no memory of your past and only remember your name. You then realize you're in some sort of elevator and its been ascending for around 30 minutes. Once it stops, the shaft opens and you look around seeing 50 or so eyes gazing back at you. You're welcomed by the kids into a place they call the Glade--no one remembers how they got there or how to get out. Outside of the Glade is an intricate Maze which is seemingly impossible to solve and contains no exit. (Sorry this summary might not be that great... this story's a bit complicated to explain with minimal text so check out goodreads for a better summary :D)

My Thoughts:
So many questions!!

What I liked: Wow. This book is insane. The beginning of the book explains to how the Glade works, how it functions, what happens each night, the creatures that lurk outside, etc, etc. Okay, at first there were so many questions and I thought this book was never going to be able to move along, but surprisingly it does. Dashner does a great job explaining the glade and what the heck is going on. The concept of this book is great and really refreshing. I think the author has a great imagination and is able to write a great story. The characters were fun and I ending was shocking.

What I disliked:
Um, can't really think of many. Well, I would say that this book was a bit complex (for me at least). I was asking so many questions throughout and the answers were not very satisfiying at times--because they weren't really answers (if that makes any sense).

Conclusion:
I don't think I've read a book like this one before. It's definitely a mystery and at times I don't know what the heck's going on. This might not be for everyone because some people just want to get straight to the point and this book does anything but that. Be warned: practically every chapter ends with a "cliffhanger" and I told myself I would stop after the next one... but I couldn't. It keeps you turning the pages and is a mystery. I would say pick this book up and don't get discouraged when you feel like your questions are never going to be answered... they will eventually (in the third book....).
Here's another cover

4.5/5 stars

Source: Library.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! And will respond to all of them :) Thanks!