Booksaur: Leaving Paradise by Simone Elkeles (Leaving Paradise #1)

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Leaving Paradise by Simone Elkeles (Leaving Paradise #1)

Leaving Paradise 
by Simone Elkeles
Pages: 303
Released: April 1, 2007
Leaving Paradise
Summary: Caleb Becker's is finally going to get out of juvie. He was sentenced to a year in confinement after leaving a party drunk and driving home. Maggie Armstrong has been going through months of physical therapy after being hit by a car and left on the road. Yes, that car belonged to Caleb. After the night of the accident, their lives will never be the same--Maggie the tennis star now crippled and Caleb the tough wrestling champ is now an ex-con. Caleb blames Maggie for being sent to juvie and Maggie blames Caleb for her limp. Follow their journey as Caleb and Maggie's lives intersect.

My Thoughts: Another 5 star book. Finally! :) I picked this up because I enjoyed reading her Perfect Chemistry series.

What I liked: There are many things that make this book great. First off, the writing style is very realistic, Elkeles has a talent for writing characters and the dialogue is well written. The main characters are genuine because Elkeles writes them as real teens (not sugar coated or super cliche). One of my favorite parts of the book are the characters: you love them, hate them, or laugh with them. The concept of this book is creative and the storyline keeps you reading. Also, the twist in this book really shocked me and it explains quite a lot about the characters and why they are they way they are.

What I disliked: I wish there was more on information on the characters and the night of the accident. There are some flashbacks and snippets of it, but I would have liked to know about that night.

Conclusion: The ending leaves you hanging (and a bit heartbroken) and you'll need to pick up Return to Paradise a.s.a.p.

5/5 stars
Newer cover

Source: Library. 

I don't know if you can tell... but I really like Simone Elkeles's books and I need to read them all :)

1 comment:

I love comments! And will respond to all of them :) Thanks!