Booksaur: Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce (Fairytale Retellings #1)

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce (Fairytale Retellings #1)

Sisters Red
by Jackson Pearce
Pages: 324
Released: July 7, 2010
Sisters Red
Summary: The prologue starts out with a flashback that happened years ago. Scarlett and Rosie March are attacked by a Fenris--werewolves that can take on human form. In their struggle, Scarlett loses her eye fending for Rosie's life. Okay, now the story begins. After surviving their near-death experience, Scarlett believes that it is her duty to hunt down the Fenris and protect girls from getting killed. Rosie feels like she owes Scarlett her life and hunts alongside her sister; this is the only life she has known and does not really question it. Throw in Silas, their childhood friend / extremely good looking woodsman and follow the adventures of these three hunters.

My Thoughts:
What I liked: I was really looking forward to this book and it didn't disappoint. I liked how each chapter alternated between Scarlett and Rosie and I think Pearce did a great job writing two different characters. We get to see their different motives and their response to a situation. I liked how the romance was building up and the tension between the two characters. The ending was awesome I love the fight scenes and the conclusion left me satisfied and I like the approach Pearce took.

What I disliked:
There is a predictable part in the story which I found early early on, and I wish that it could have been more concealed so it would have been more of a twist in the plot. Perhaps I would like to know more about the Fenris as well, such as how they came to be.

Conclusion: This is really a great twist on little red ridding hood and I liked how the story played out. I am definitely going to pick up Sweetly when it comes out!

4.5/5 stars


Source: Library.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! And will respond to all of them :) Thanks!