Booksaur: Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green & David Levithan

Monday, April 11, 2011

Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green & David Levithan

Will Grayson, Will Grayson
by John Green & David Levithan
Pages: 310
Released: April 6, 2010
 Will Grayson, Will Grayson
Summary: Meet Will Grayson... and Will Grayson? Two teens from Chiacago meet and their stories unfold from there. You get to meet their friends, love interests, and watch as their hilarious adventure ensues. Green's W.G. writes the odd chapters and Levithan's the even.

My Thoughts: Sorry about the summary being so short. I want to keep it as vague and tiny :) as possible. I really enjoyed this book and it's my first book from John Green and David Levithan as well.

What I liked: What I liked was that it was just a fun and enjoyable book. The characters were defiantly my favorite part of the book. Their one liners and witty remarks had me lol literally. I liked how the Will Grayson chapters alternated which was refreshing and kept me reading until the end. Tiny Cooper was my favorite character in the book he is a big ray of sunshine and I was waiting for him to come into every scene.

What I disliked: There are very few things that I disliked. One would be that Levithan's W.G. wrote with no CAPS which bothered me at first, but toward the end of the book I adjusted to it. If you read the end of the paperback edition, Levithan mentions why his W.G. doesn't use CAPS and it has to do with how he's "used to communicating online" and "it's how his self-expression has formed." Another thing was the ending, I think it was truly sweet, but I wanted more from it if that makes sense.

Conclusion: I learned a lot from this book and after I finished it, I was still thinking about the characters and story which was defiantly a plus. 

5/5 stars

Source: Bought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! And will respond to all of them :) Thanks!