Booksaur: Forgotten by Cat Patrick

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Forgotten by Cat Patrick

Forgotten 
by Cat Patrick
Pages: 288
Released: June 7, 2011
Forgotten 
Summary: London Lane is has something unusual about her. Every night at 4:33 am, her memory is erased. She forgets the past, but remembers the future (she has visions of the future). In order to remember things she leaves herself a note to read every morning. Things become complicated when Luke Henry, a gorgeous boy who shows interest in her, enters her life. London starts having flash-forwards of a tragic event and must discover her past in order to figure out the future. 

My Thoughts: 50 First Dates + That's So Raven = Forgotten

What I liked: This writing in this book is entertaining and kept me turning the pages. I wanted to solve the mystery and find out the secret that had been hidden from London's past. The whole concept of London's character was unique and kept my attention.

What I disliked: This book could have been so much more epic. I mean she's an amnesiac and there was this huge mystery that lingered throughout the book. However, it didn't turn out to be as shocking at it could have been. The author does an amazing job setting up the situation and I thought that "secret" could have been more OMG but it sort of just ends there. Also, I wish that Luke & London's relationship was deeper; it seemed more like a teen fling. 

Conclusion: The writing style kept me interested and solving the mystery keeps you turning the pages, but I wish the ending packed more of a punch. 

3/5 stars 

Source: Library.

4 comments:

  1. This book sounds fascintating based on the summary. After reading your review it seems like it is a pretty good book- but maybe not as amazing as it first sounds. I may give it a try.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ~Jess
    http://thesecretdmsfilesoffairdaymorrow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Fairday Morrow I would say that it's a decent book, it sets up a really great story but the conclusion felt flat for me. Like I said, I thought it could have been so much more shocking lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic debut that I read in a short time. Thanks to Luke, London learns how to live with her condition. And in the end, her future memory of Jonas brings her life back together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ItaliaGlad you enjoyed it :) thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! And will respond to all of them :) Thanks!